Account Services Representative
Named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2018, BigCommerce is looking for a full-time Account Services Representative for our Austin Four Points Office to support our customers’ billing and account issues. You will use your unparalleled customer service skills to help our customers manage their service plans, billing, and account-related questions via our phone and ticketing systems. You will be expected to be a team player who can recognize the various values and opportunities presented by your peers, work with them, compete against them, and celebrate each other's success. The right candidate will possess strong customer service skills, with unsurpassed communication and soft skills.
What You Will Do
- Provide outstanding, rapid-response email and phone-based support to our customers, as well as internal support to various teams and stakeholders
- Review and create refund and credit requests, working with our Billing team to have them processed
- Respond to requests in our ticketing system and follow-up with Billing organization while proactively keeping customers updated on the status of their issue
- Research and resolve client account, invoice, payment, and other questions
- Process cancellations, downgrades, upgrades, etc.
- Assist with general operational projects and issues as needed
- Assist the Product and Engineering team with questions around the Billing software and related components and ensure the appropriately accommodate merchant needs
Who You Are
- At least 6 months experience in customer support within a fast-paced, dynamic environment; experience in a phone, email, or chat-based technical support or customer service contact center preferred
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission, personal pride, and the team; a desire to work in a culture of excellence
- Experience with Salesforce, Five9, JIRA, and billing systems a plus
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven; ability to utilize self service resources
- An eagerness to learn and adapt to changing business practices
- Exceptional critical thinking and verbal/written soft skills with experience in deescalating frustrated or difficult customers; fast and accurate typing speeds
- Dedicated team player interested in growing and competing alongside some of the best support agents in the business, willingness to help others grow and seek help from peers to maximize potential
- Must be flexible to shift work and occasional overtime in a 24x7, 365 environment
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
BigCommerce is a robust, flexible commerce platform that provides established and emerging brands with everything they need to launch, promote, manage and scale a successful online store.BigCommerce merchants earn more than retailers on competitive commerce solutions thanks to advanced features, better site performance and streamlined business processes. Founded in 2009, the company has received more than $100 million in funding from SoftBank Capital, American Express, Telstra Ventures, General Catalyst, Revolution Growth and FLOODGATE. BigCommerce supports thousands of retailers around the world from its offices in San Francisco, Austin and Sydney.
We’re a team of smart, passionate and talented people on a mission to democratize commerce. If you’re looking to work with industry leaders and love what you do, we want to hear from you!
Perks & Benefits
- An amazing company culture that doesn’t just talk values, but lives them
- Open vacation policy for salaried team members and generous accrual vacation policy for hourly team members, + paid sick time
- Competitive compensation packages and meaningful stock grants for every employee
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one
- Fully stocked kitchens and craft beers (don’t worry, we also subsidize gym memberships)
- Four especially cool offices in Austin, San Francisco and Sydney
- A free online store to help you live out your entrepreneurial dreams
- Employee-driven team building activities like paintball, rock climbing, social sports leagues, hackathons, movie nights, river floats, etc.
- Time off for volunteering and employee-driven charity events