BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Copywriter helps our merchants and partners make informed decisions about e-commerce solutions, playing a critical role in the success of our Marketing. This highly creative and driven individual must be extremely collaborative and flexible to meet the demands of an ever-changing environment.
What You’ll Do
- Develop copy for externally facing assets that are in the BigCommerce brand voice and tone
- Work with Mid-Market campaign team for content strategy, assets needed, goals, CTAs and program details
- Work with Product Marketing Managers to develop compelling, ownable messaging for the platform and features
- Write and edit integrated campaign assets, website content, print and digital ads, newsletters, brochures and other printed collateral, emails, landing pages, presentations, and social media content to drive conversion
- Develop copy and design tests to improve conversion
- Stay current on marketing, SEO and conversion trends, and provide recommendations to improve the BigCommerce website and marketing materials
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, English or related field
- 3–5 years of professional writing experience, preferably in an agency or ecommerce and/or SaaS startup environment. Experience writing copy to enterprise customers a strong plus.
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Drive) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Master Communicator - Superior written and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, are a must. You must be a creative writer with high standards, attention to detail and the ability to write about a wide variety of topics.
- Feedback - You welcome feedback and have the ability to distill high-level ideas into concise copy.
- Listener - You practice attentive and active listening, can accurately restate the opinions of others even when you disagree, and have the patience to hear people out.
- Creative - You come up with a lot of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously unrelated notions, and tend to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Collaborative - You have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners such across Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Sales.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - You deal comfortably with all levels of leadership, including executives, can present without undue tension and nervousness, and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You have the ability to manage projects on time with minimal assistance in an ever-changing environment, steadfastly push yourself, and are committed and driven to achieve both Department and Company goals.
- Time Manager - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, concentrate your efforts on the most important priorities, and can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Prioritizer - You can quickly zero in on the critically important items, put the trivial aside, and can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal.
- Problem Solver - You have great critical thinking skills and are an expert at finding the information necessary to complete a piece. You can see hidden problems, probe sources for answers, are excellent at honest analysis, look beyond the obvious, and don’t stop at the first answer.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction, are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, gets first-hand information and use it for improvements in products and services, act with customers in mind, and establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
Please Provide the Following:
- Copy samples and the goals they were trying to achieve.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.