BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce is looking for a Director of Revenue Operations to drive performance and operational excellence by optimizing cross-functional processes. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in implementing processes, operational controls, reporting, and systems to drive operating efficiency and grow revenue. This role will be responsible for both functional operations teams (e.g. sales operations and marketing operations) and cross-functional processes (e.g. lead flow and distribution, pipeline management, and quote-to-cash).
What You’ll Do
- Manage the Sales, Marketing and Partner operations teams through a period of rapid growth and operational challenges
- Demonstrate effective cross-functional collaboration and customer-oriented service principles with key business stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Business Applications
- Establish and oversee business processes and procedures to deliver cross-functional business objectives while minimizing waste
- Ensure visibility into critical business performance with regular, detailed operational reports and readouts; lead teams of analysts who investigate performance, understand inputs and recommend improvements to optimize for crucial business outputs
- Identify execution risks and implement controls to detect, mitigate, and/or prevent failure
- Drive operating leverage by setting ambitious goals and managing teams to the very highest performance standards
- Develop scalability throughout our revenue-driving business units with a combination of process improvements, automation and continuous improvement methods
- Design and implement business processes that build business capabilities and drive growth while ensuring effective collaboration and minimize role or responsibility confusion
Who You Are
- An extremely analytical, results-oriented, cross-functional business leader with 8+ years experience in Sales and/or Marketing operations, process design and excellent leadership skills
- Experienced team leader and manager, with 5+ years of people management experience and a dedication to service-oriented leadership
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Cross-functional leader with indirect influence finesse and excellent stakeholder management; inspires confidence and collaboration across departmental boundaries
- Data-driven decision maker with a high level of business acumen and operations thinking
- Deep experience working with revenue-generating teams and programs with demonstrated success in improving business performance and efficiency
- Problem solver whose critical thinking skills are adaptable and fungible across many disciplines and various subject matters
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.