BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
The successful candidate will join the Payments team in our Sydney office, who are responsible for developing solutions that let merchants choose the payment methods that meet their business needs and delight their shoppers. In your first year, you’ll help deliver an SDK that lets third parties integrate new payment methods directly into the BigCommerce platform, allowing sophisticated merchants and partners to serve new markets and offer innovative new options for shopping online. You’ll work with modern technologies like React to build dynamically-generated user interfaces that help increase the $5 billion of transactions BigCommerce processes each year.
What You’ll Do:
- Build beautiful, scalable products and be an expert in the Front End domain
- Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Review other engineer’s code to maintain and improve quality
- Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling front end services
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture that encourages innovation and continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
Who You Are:
- You’re an experienced professional with 3+ years of experience building amazing things that speak for themselves
- You are passionate about creating extraordinary web experiences by writing beautiful code
- You have strong debugging abilities across all major browsers
- You're not biased toward a specific technology: you find the right tools for the job.
- You enjoy being apart of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers. You understand that good communication trumps good code.
- Have knowledge of site speed issues and web application performance
- Experience with Accessibility and building accessible websites
- Experience with building responsive and mobile first development
- Understanding of pattern libraries
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
(Posted on 21 January 2019)