BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
At BigCommerce, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion-dollar company in a trillion-dollar industry. Powering billions in sales for more than 60,000 clients in 65 countries, BigCommerce is focused on empowering businesses of all sizes to sell more, sell faster, and sell everywhere.
As the Marketing Specialist, reporting to the Regional Product & Partner Marketing Manager, APAC, you will own the marketing-related administrative tasks to help ensure our communications, events and all other marketing activity in the APAC region are well planned, organised and executed.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist the Marketing team with the organisation of tradeshows and partner events by liaising with vendors, other marketers within the larger BigCommerce Marketing Team, Graphic Design and suppliers based in APAC & USA.
- Provide support to the marketing and sales team with administration duties
- Plan meetings and trade shows by identifying, assembling, and coordinating requirements; establishing contacts; developing schedules and assignments; coordinating mailing lists.
- Formulate, execute and report on email journeys for events, products, partners and brand-related communications.
- Implement marketing campaigns by preparing marketing and advertising strategies, plans, and objectives; planning and organising promotional presentations; updating calendars.
- Assist with the preparation of marketing reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing data.
- Keep promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Monitor budgets by comparing and analysing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Continuously update your job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading trade publications.
- Accomplish organisation goals by accepting ownership of new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience in a marketing role within a fast-paced environment required
- Familiar with foundational digital marketing principles and best practices.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Experienced with segmentation, research, project management, and reporting results
- Comfortable stepping into unfamiliar situations, developing creative solutions and consistently liaising with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient in professional written and verbal communication across various channels (i.e. presentations, email, text, phone, video, etc.)
- Committed to always showing initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Experience in eCommerce a plus
- Experience with Marketo, Salesforce, JIRA, Smartsheet a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Posted on: September 12, 2019