BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, the #1 e-commerce platform for mid-market and SMB merchants powering over 60,000 e-commerce sites all over the world, is searching for a versatile salesperson to join our growing team. In this role, you'll be drawing on your sales experience as well as your knowledge of the e-commerce ecosystem to acquire new merchants and drive revenue by demonstrating the power of the BigCommerce Platform to help them Sell More.
The ideal candidate is an expert on e-commerce retailers, particularly those in Australia and the Asia Pacific region. This stand-out star should be an exceptionally talented seller with the natural ability to “walk in our customer's shoes.” A strong entrepreneurial mindset to quickly execute and iterate as well as excellent communication and time management skills will be paramount to being successful in this role.
Consistently Achieve Quotas and Objectives
- Drives sales revenue by acquiring the new small business and emerging enterprise merchants. This is a full-cycle (introduction to close) sales position.
- Actively manage the sales process, including positioning, presentation/demonstration of the product, and closing warm leads generated by marketing and sales development.
- Work closely with BigCommerce Channel Account Managers and Sales Engineers to drive awareness and utilisation of the many product solutions that help our merchants grow their online business.
- Employ established sales methodology to push beyond gatekeepers, reaching and providing information to the right people at the right time in the right way and adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organisation).
- Meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers by completing detailed needs analyses, effectively coordinating resources for implementation, educating partners and merchants, acting with customers in mind, and establishing effective relationships through trust and respect.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts and effectively maintain a CRM with detailed and accurate notes of all sales-related activities.
Be the Expert
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in internet technology and eCommerce
- Possess a deep understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, partners, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of our best Merchants and provide eCommerce industry information to clients regarding web design, online marketing (SEO, PPC, Email Marketing, Google Analytics), e-commerce strategies, etc.
- Draw upon your experience and smarts to assess complex business structures and challenges, obtain information that is critical to the sale, and select an appropriate course of action and/or solution to get the job done.
Who You Are
- 1 or more years sales or account management experience, ideally at least a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment in a $50M+ software, SaaS, eCommerce or other subscription-based company
- You are able to work independently
- Degree in Business or a related field preferred
- Talented Seller - You thrive on challenges and have a demonstrated ability to drive complex sales with all stakeholders, including executive management and technical teams, and have successfully, consistently achieved quotas and objectives within the acquisition-driven business.
- Persuasive Master Communicator - You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills - it is a sales job. Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client relationship skills are critical.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Efficientand Attentive - Excellent organisation and time management skills and are able to manage sensitive client information and numerous details with ease.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Driven - You are a results-orientated closer with a positive outlook and a clear focus on quality and business performance.
- Solution-Oriented - You have the ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a sale on track.
- Confident - You’ve mastered the art of the cold open, have developed skills for overcoming objections, and have a healthy approach to handling rejection.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
Comfortable using technology - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email, and online marketing tools) a big plus.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.