BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
What You’ll Do:
• Build beautiful, scaleable products and be an expert in the front-end domain.
• Build high-performance, maintainable user interfaces using the latest web technologies
• Advocate for modern development practices and tools
• Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
• Build new features with a focus on test-ability and extensibility
• Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
• Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
• Work with our operations team to improve the architecture while building and scaling front-end services
• Support an open, positive, and energized culture
• Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
• Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security
Who You Are
• Experienced professional with 6+ years of experience building amazing things that speak for themselves
• Ability to collaborate effectively with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers
• Passionate about creating extraordinary web experiences by writing beautiful code
• Strong debugging abilities across all major browsers
• Can work efficiently in large codebases and know how to keep code modular and decoupled
• Not biased toward a specific technology: open to finding the right tools for the job
• Enjoy being a part of a collaborative team that is focused on building a product that will delight customers
• Strong skills in HTML5 and CSS3
• Experience with CSS preprocessors. (SCSS, LESS)
• Knowledge of how to improve site speed and web application performance
• Knowledge with WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines
• Experience in building mobile first & responsive web
• Experience integrating with RESTful APIs.
• Good understanding of version control. (git)
• Understand pattern libraries and design systems
• Experience with internationalization
• Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
• Excellent interpersonal skills - collaborate, facilitate, and negotiate as necessary
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
(Posted on 19 March 2018)