BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Business Development, based in London, the Partner Manager will have direct and meaningful impact on the success of BigCommerce in EMEA. Strategic Business Development (SBD) drives 30% of BigCommerce revenue through partnerships with leading payment and technology solution providers. This high-energy, enthusiastic and versatile new hire will take our technology partnership in EMEA to the next level of maturity, productivity and success.
The Partner Manager will support and nurture a world-class Technology Partner ecosystem. The primary responsibility of the Partner Manager is to manage and grow the partner relationships in the BigCommerce Technology Partnership Program by working across the organization to implement effective programs that insure both partner and BigCommerce growth and success. This role will be measured against a set of success criteria, including Partnerships & Services Revenue (PSR) growth, net new merchant growth, and process alignment.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a finite and defined set of tiered Technology Partnerships.
- Develop success metrics for each partnership, including KPIs such as merchant adoption of partners’ technology solution and revenue growth for both BigCommerce and partner.
- Work closely with the Director of SBD in EMEA to build partnership models for new partnerships, taking into account our ability to manage and create success with each.
- Work closely with the Partner Marketing team to design, implement, and scale co-marketing activities for partners.
- Closely monitor and maintain reports for all technology partners, including revenue share, sponsorships, program fees, leads, and MRR to ensure that partners are following all program guidelines and meeting requirements.
- Own the processes and systems that set up and allow for ongoing tracking and reporting on partnership terms and KPI achievement.
- Support partners through BigCommerce portal updates, regular partnership meetings, QBRs and ongoing availability via email, phone, Slack.
- Keep partners informed on BigCommerce product releases, especially as they relate to the partner’s ability to succeed on our platform.
- Become an expert on the BigCommerce platform, complementary ecosystem technologies, product roadmap, and company vision.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of professional experience in Account Management, Marketing, or Business Development ideally including direct experience in Partnership Management or Partner Marketing
- Strong communicator, both written and verbally, with excellent presentation and client/partner relationship management skills required.
- Results-oriented with strong attention to detail, organizational abilities, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and passion for getting things done right and on time required.
- Ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems to keep a partnership on track and drive mutual success required.
- Ability to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction required.
- Experience managing technology partnerships as well as designing and implementing co-marketing programs with partners to drive merchant awareness and revenue growth strongly preferred.
- Proven record of driving productivity, growth, and profitability at scale in a high volume account program strongly preferred.
- Experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization driving adoption of a SaaS-based solution with Partners and their clients preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in business or a similar field, preferred.
- Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills required. Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Confluence, and other business applications a plus.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business but a great company with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.